Recommendations for practice, Im open!

Hi!
I’m not sure how many others find themselves in a similar situation as me but…
I frequently run into the issue of one week I am making great progress through the course and next week life gets in the way. When I finally get the chance to return back to my course work I need a MAJOR refresher on the most recent info taught! While I am well aware of the practice sections within the course, the fill in the blank questions just don’t do it for me. I can typically answer these questions with ease, but I can’t write it from scratch. Does anyone have a recommendations for more challenging practice sessions to get me back up to speed when necessary? I feel it’s not beneficial to jump right back into the course when I may not remember everything recently learned.
Thanks!

What specifically in the course? Python?
You can always go back through the lessons and write out your own code examples in a code editor for practice. Taking notes also helps. You will forget stuff if you don’t practice. So, set up some time to do so—even if it’s for a few minutes a day. (It does add up)

Maybe use the Codecademy Go app too if you haven’t already done that(?). Learning to think computationally takes time, practice, and repetition.
Search here in the forums as well and you will find many similar topics where people have expressed the same feelings, and others who have offered advice.

Hi! Yes python for sure, my biggest issues is I want to be able to practice things like my most recent functions learned in an open ended format. The problem is there is no way to practice that externally and be on a topic catered to me and there is very little open ended practice provided by Codecademy. From my experience with Codecademy go it is the same way, just simple fill in the blank questions that I feel can always be answered from context alone.

Hey there!

Totally feel your pain – life loves throwing curveballs, doesn’t it? Here’s a game plan to help you ace your comeback and get back into coding shape:

1. Code Challenges: Platforms like LeetCode, HackerRank, and Codewars offer more challenging problems that really push your skills. They’ll help bridge the gap between fill-in-the-blanks and writing code from scratch.

2. Project-Based Learning: Try building a small project using the concepts you recently learned. It could be as simple as a to-do list app or a personal blog. Projects force you to apply what you know in a practical way.

3. Peer Practice: Find a study buddy on the forums or join a coding group. Explaining concepts to others and solving problems together can solidify your understanding.

4. Interactive Coding Sites: Sites like Repl.it or Glitch allow you to write and test code right in your browser. Tinker around and experiment to get hands-on practice.

5. Review Sessions: Set aside time for a mini-review before diving back into new material. Go through your notes, re-watch key lessons, or re-do some practice exercises.

Remember, consistency is key. Even if you only have a few minutes a day, keep at it. You’ve got this!

Happy coding! :computer::rocket:

Ah, yes. a generative AI response. Maybe refrain from using those & write something yourself…