Recapit Reddit Client

Really happy with how this project turned out, first full website made without Codecademy holding my hand through the individual steps. There is parts I’m not happy with and parts I have added on that if implemented from the beginning would have been coded better.

In all this project took me around 30-40 hours to complete, it’s hard to judge as im fitting the odd couple of hours coding in around my current full time job and life commitments. It has strengthened my confidence in myself immensely and has helped show myself that the months I’ve invested into this course are worth it and that I’m on the right track.

I would really appreciate honest feedback as to the quality of my code, the usability of my site & things I could improve on moving forward. Don’t be afraid to laugh at me for my complete lack of testing.

Live Website
Github Repo

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve just reached the reddit client project and I’m lost on how to actually go about completing the project. I’ve used create-react-app to get the starter files but I don’t know what the next step should be. What was your approach?

Would really appreciate any advice!

Awesome project by the way! Love the dark/light mode and the search results dropdown.

Hello,
It’s quite a daunting task at the beginning but what really helped me was breaking it down into smaller, more manageable chunks and built out from there. After the initial wireframe designs were finished I simply focused on building the layout of the page and getting it how I wanted it to look before thinking about the more challenging parts like connecting it to reddit.
Don’t look too much at the big picture and try to just focus on each individual part and make only add complexity when its needed and when you have the foundations ready.
Can’t wait to see what you make!

1 Like