React II, Adopt Pet Project Can't Dowload Dependencies

I am having problems with starting the project. I’m trying to download the “Dependencies” as required by the instructions of the project, by using “npm install”. However, I keep getting this error:

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘C:\Users\Kyrt\package.json’
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘C:\Users\Kyrt\package.json’
npm WARN Kyrt No description
npm WARN Kyrt No repository field.
npm WARN Kyrt No README data
npm WARN Kyrt No license field.

I’m not sure if I am forgetting a step to starting this or what, but I’m very confused at the moment. Thanks for any help

You’re trying to install the dependencies from your root directory ‘Kyrt’. But the package.json is inside the folder you downloaded, which very likely isn’t ‘Kyrt’. So move to the directory where the package.json file is located. You can move there by typing the command ‘cd yourfoldername’.

1 Like

Thank you! I wasn’t technically in the root directory of ‘Kyrt’, but because of your help, I realized I was in the parent directory of the downloaded content, and not the actual project folder within that. IF that makes sense. Thanks again, it all works now!

1 Like