React Developer Tools - Props not updating in Chrome

In the React Developer Tools article/lesson - I’ve gotten to the end of the article where it asks you to add a name property to the app. I’ve added a new paragraph with {props.name} inside, as is shown in the video and then, in Chrome, added a new prop of name: “myname”.

The problem is when I do this, it does not update in the chrome browser. Nothing happens when I hit enter. Am I missing a setting that allows it to update? I followed every step in the video and when he presses enter his curser goes to the next line and the page is updated to show the name property - but when I do the same, nothing.

The only hint I have as to what might be going wrong is that in the Console section, this message is displayed:

[HMR] Waiting for update signal from WDS…

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this issue?
This is my first react app so I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After searching the internet and finding some contradicting and confusing stack overflow comments on the “[HMR] Waiting for update signal from WDS…” message, I randomly (out of frustration) pressed the stopwatch icon labeled ‘Suspend the selected component’. When I pressed it, I was given a message saying ‘The selected element is not within a Suspense container. Suspending it would cause an error.’

I pressed, ‘Okay’, and now everything works as it was shown to in the video…
I have no idea how that would fix anything but all is working normally (at least for now).

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.