React Developer Tools - Props not updating in Chrome

In the React Developer Tools article/lesson - I’ve gotten to the end of the article where it asks you to add a name property to the app. I’ve added a new paragraph with {props.name} inside, as is shown in the video and then, in Chrome, added a new prop of name: “myname”.

The problem is when I do this, it does not update in the chrome browser. Nothing happens when I hit enter. Am I missing a setting that allows it to update? I followed every step in the video and when he presses enter his curser goes to the next line and the page is updated to show the name property - but when I do the same, nothing.

The only hint I have as to what might be going wrong is that in the Console section, this message is displayed:

[HMR] Waiting for update signal from WDS…

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this issue?
This is my first react app so I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After searching the internet and finding some contradicting and confusing stack overflow comments on the “[HMR] Waiting for update signal from WDS…” message, I randomly (out of frustration) pressed the stopwatch icon labeled ‘Suspend the selected component’. When I pressed it, I was given a message saying ‘The selected element is not within a Suspense container. Suspending it would cause an error.’

I pressed, ‘Okay’, and now everything works as it was shown to in the video…
I have no idea how that would fix anything but all is working normally (at least for now).