Ravenous part 1

Hey everyone,

So I’m currently on setting up React Developer Tools stage (I have a mac), for some reason, once I write “code myreactapp” as mentioned in the video, I get an error response “-bash: code: command not found” (attached a screenshot)

Please let me know where I’ve gone wrong, as until this step, everything was working fine and I even double-checked to be sure. As you can see in the second picture, everything had gone well.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you have visual studio code? what this line code myreactapp does is just open your vsc with the project folder which name is myreactapp in the current directory.

If you are using another editor just ignore this step and open your editor.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I have IDLE and Python Launcher apps, related to this course. Does IDLE work just as well as vsc?

1 Like

Choose the one you feel comfortable with if you loved the python IDLE it’s ok, use it. If you didn’t try vsc before I highly encourage you to try it it’s a powerful, light, and really a good editor. But again choose whatever you want.

I’ve only used IDLE once, during this course so I can’t say I’m very comfortable with it or not :slight_smile: Thank you so much, I’ll try vsc now and see how it goes.

Thank you again.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Good luck.

Thanks, you too :boom:!

1 Like