Ravenous Part 1 compiling issue

Hi I am having this issue

It tells me it’s not compiling. I’ve spent 4 hours trying to figure this out. I also tried npm install @babel/plugin-transform-react-jsx --save, it didn’t work. I’ve tried installing this specific plugin a few times it didn’t work. At first I was getting a module error then I decided to move all the app.js, businessList.js files into one folder like so:

. Can you guys help me?

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

I see you’re completing the project on your own computer; how did you create the initial React app?

Also, can you please post the code from each of your components - such as App.js, etc - so we can see them; please take care to make sure that your code is formatted correctly, as outlined in this post.

1 Like

Sure. I actually decided to redo the project and it gives me a new error.

. To answer your first question, I did as the course asked me to do to dl react. Which was create-react-app insert name. There were no issues. Also, the issue appears to be in the webpack config: . I decided to move on and I’m currently up to ravenous part 4 but here’s an image of my code in App.js: and here is the lower half: if you need more info lmk. Thanks a’lot!

Based on the first error msg (Error: Objects are not valid as a React child…) it looks like you have an object in your JSX code. The error msg refers to the SearchBar component - line 39. I would look in there and see if somehow an object is being passed into the JSX instead of the component rendering JSX to the App component. You can always upload the code from the SearchBar component since that is likely where the error is.

1 Like