Rails Broadway App - Broken

Being reasonably familiar with Rails I would have to say that this project is poorly implemented. Very little instruction is given to the student and the terminal constantly crashes and becomes unresponsive. This seems due to outdated gem support for the version of Rails in the terminal. Is there a way to update this otherwise the project is likely impossible?

This doesn't even allow for canceling out of the current action with the usual Ctrl+C or Cmd+C.

This is just one of the plethora of problems with the project so you have an idea. If there is no way to update the packages, then this should be updated by a staff member.

Edit: Pro subscription seems pretty useless too. The share button, which as far as i can is the only way to contact an advisor, doesn't work either just gets stuck loading.

Here's another screenshot after trying to initialize the server:

As you can see it fails. You can't even scroll up the terminal to see if there's a more useful error message. Tried changing port to 8000, refreshing, resetting, forgetting, but can't; not when this is being paid for.

Your routing doesn't seem quite right to me, try root "pages#home"
You can't make routes like "/pages/home". If your unsure about what you can or can't do add resources :pages and then run rake routes command - it's gonna tell you what you can do :slight_smile:
Also - get familiar with this

@brighthex The gem versions have been a problem for me too recently, although I hadn't realized they could block your progress in the course.

The share button, which as far as i can is the only way to contact an advisor, doesn't work either just gets stuck loading.

I think both of the issues there are related. You should see a circle with a ? icon in the lower-right corner of the page, and obviously the Share Code button shouldn't be hanging. I suspect you have an adblocker that is blocking requests to external sites, or possibly your browser is configured to block external requests. Could you try disabling your adblocker or changing your browser settings temporarily to see if the chat shows up and you can get the link for your code?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.