Question of the Week: What will learning to code enable you to do?

We all have our reasons for learning to code. What are your reasons?

Knowing why you’re learning to code can often help you stick with it. :smirk:

9 Likes

I want to be able to switch careers to work from home permanently so I can be closer to my family.

18 Likes

I want to keep my career “lay-off proof” and I definitely want to make more than $30,000 a year. I also wouldn’t mind the freedom of being able go remote if I need to.

10 Likes

I worked in Architecture for the last 10 years, and finally decided to make the switch. I want to be able to use skills which i’ve gained in the past to help my future career in coding. Coding provides in my opinion clear advantages:

• Continually learn new marketable skills
  • Ability to work remotely
  • Increase income over time
  • Ability to develop ideas from beginning to end
  • Work in a progressive environment with forward thinking people
  • Work out that all important Brain muscle
17 Likes

Bringing sense to my logical mind.

12 Likes

Its just a kind of satisfaction I feel. It makes me excited how can we communicate with the software programs to work same like how we do with other normal human being. As computers makes our work easy, we need to be able to operate it with perfect line of codes, that drives me to learn and have adequate knowledge over language either it be a software hardware or any normal communication language

9 Likes

I am aspiring to learn coding to be able to wok and be independent of location, in order to be present to take care of my old parents when they need me.

12 Likes

I want a remote job so I can work while I travel the world! Having a hard skill also equals more job security.

11 Likes

Share ideas and create things :flashlight:

8 Likes

I’ve always been interested in tech, and I really like developing skills to help me become a creator instead of just a consumer. I also love learning how things work “on the inside.”

4 Likes

I’ve a pretty decent living as a lawyer in Brazil. But, in the last few years, Brazil has been through political changes that sometimes makes me afraid of a Coup d’état.
I hope this day never comes, but I want to have some plan B to provide for my family if my law degree becomes …somewhat useless.

10 Likes

Hi!
I want to gain more tools for my toolbox in order to be able to help my clients to be more efficient. And I would love to switch career to a field more related to data.

4 Likes

There are many people in my family that loses their job bc of covid… I need to help them to digitalise their business so they can become competitive! I’m halfway FullStack Course… this is getting awesome! :peru:

5 Likes

to be in total control of my website when I start my eCommerce business. my website will be the pillar of my business and I want to make sure, it is run efficiently.

4 Likes

Am a student of Actuarial science here in Uganda and i want to join the data science career and be able to deal with big data :smiley:

7 Likes

It’s like learning a new language and being able to create things with it.

4 Likes

Boa sorte Joao with your coding journey !

1 Like

I just graduated from my undergraduate in a pandemic induced recession, although it is a good humanities degree, I fear that I won’t be able to enjoy a fulfilling and successful career. I feel like tech will allow me to have a career I enjoy and can succeed in

4 Likes

Looking for a job where I can work from anywhere so I can travel a bit more and have more flexibility and job security.

3 Likes

Me ajuda a organizar minhas ideias

eu gosto de escrever codigos e ver os programas acontecendo, gosto da sensação de ver o programa sendo criado e ganhando forma, da sensação de REALIZAR alguma coisa.

acho que eu tenho contribuições a fazer e participar com uma gota nas tendencias no aprendizado on/offline

2 Likes