Question of the Week: Gratitude Edition

What are you grateful for — both coding and non-coding related?

6 Likes

I’m grateful for coding especially CC for making it easy to learn. My computer for coding and videogames and most importantly my friends and family.

2 Likes

Coding related, that I have a partner who is very supportive of the time I spend learning.

Otherwise, that I have a marvelous partner, daughter, granddaughter, parents, and friends.

5 Likes

Coding-related I’m grateful that I have something now, in what I can grow, get better every day, and what makes me fun.

In general I’m happy that I got to know some kind of coach yesterday, who maybe can help me with some other stuff which is important for me.

2 Likes

I’m grateful for Minecraft and the Java coding language which I just started learning. Although I’m better at JavaScript.

4 Likes

I’m grateful for coding because it has allowed me to learn new skills and has opened up new opportunities for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Coding related I am grateful that I found that I have an interest in web development. I am 66 years old and getting ready to not retire but reinvent myself.
I have worked most of my life as either a paralegal and /or project manager and was looking for something new and interesting to learn and develop into a side gig to go along with my pension etc., as a scale back from a full time worker. So grateful for codecademy.

Non coding related I am grateful that I have good health so I can enjoy and do the things that I want to do in life.

6 Likes

I am grateful for all my family and friends. Also I am grateful for all the people who make my life better, whom I have never met and probably will never be able to shake their hands (bus drivers, nurses, firefighters, police officers, truck drivers). I am very grateful for all the people who built the webbased technologies I now learn, because I truly believe that they play into humankind’s nature to cooperate - our best chance to leave our botched past behind.

3 Likes

what i am grateful for?

I am grateful for the following things:

*Life
*Family
*How far I’ve come in life and in programming

2 Likes

I am thankful for each day that I wake up with my family and good health. Each day is another opportunity to build a life that is full of purpose and love. I am thankful for the chance to learn and discover new ways of thinking and creating. I am grateful for all the people in my life, even those who did not remain or served as difficult lessons. They have all been important and taught me love. I am thankful for God and the guidance I receive. And I’m thankful for the wisdom that time gives.

In regards to coding, I am thankful for the freedom it has given me to begin a new career path. And for the self esteem and joy I feel when I do something right… for once, haha :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m also grateful for God’s gift of his son, Jesus.

I’m grateful for my family. Coding related im thankful for finally finding “my thing” in life.