Question 9 doesn't let me pass

I copied the example EXACTLY and it said I was wrong?

Did you get a popup window with your question in it?

Please post your code so we can help you.

prompt("What is your name?");
it says this is wrong and that something is wrong with my prompt

that is even the example they give and it still doesnt work

Did you get a popup window with your question in it?

no it said that something was wrong with my promt

Oops, try again. Something went wrong with your prompt. Check the Hint if you need help!

If you didn't get the popup then something is blocking it. Maybe you have a strict popup blocker and you will need to add this site to it. Or maybe, at some point you had the dialog box that asks something like "Don't show any more dialog boxes from this site" and you clicked "yes"?

but ive had it work before... any other thoughts?

If you try it in the JavaScript section here https://repl.it/ do you get the prompt?

What about in this exercise: https://www.codecademy.com/courses/getting-started-v2/0/1 – don’t worry about the code checker error, I’m just interested in whether you get the popup with your question in it.

Im having the exact same problem!

I was asked to ask the user where they are from. So i wrote

prompt("Where are you from?");

However it says null. WHat is going on please?

If you didn't get the popup window with your question in it then something is blocking the popup. Maybe you have a strict popup blocker and you will need to add this site to it. Or maybe, at some point you had the dialog box that asks something like "Don't show any more dialog boxes from this site" and you clicked "yes"?

Remove the ";" at the end of the line. It will run perfectly.

I am facing the same problem ...what should i do now?

That will depend on what is causing the problem.

If the popups are being blocked by your popup blocker then you should tell it to allow popups from codecademy.com.

If the popups are being blocked because you told your browser not to allow them for this site then you will need to find the instructions for undoing that for your particular browser.

yes i am also facing the same problem how i can unlock the pop up? please can u tell me