Hope this is helpful
Comments appreciated

print('Hello world!')

Write your code below:

from contextlib import contextmanager

@contextmanager
def generic(card_type, sender_name, recipient_name):
card_file = open(card_type, ‘r’)
new_card_order = open(f"{sender_name}_generic.txt", ‘w’)
try:
new_card_order.write(f"Dear {recipient_name},\n")
new_card_order.write(card_file.read()+"\n")
new_card_order.write(f"\nSincerely, \n{sender_name} \n")
yield new_card_order
finally:
card_file.close()
new_card_order.close()
print(“Task 1”)
print(“Generating a ‘generic’ THANK YOU card using a decorator containing a generator function based context manager and the provided ‘thankyou_card.txt’ file.”)
print()

with generic(“thankyou_card.txt”, “Mwenda”, “Amanda”) as new_card:
print(“Card Generated! \n”)
with open(“Mwenda_generic.txt”, “r”) as new_card1:
print(new_card1.read())

print(“Starting Task 2”)
print("(It really bothered me to not see the end result of creating an instance object of the class approach context manager, so I added some functionality to include a with statement, an additional variable name and a print statement to read() it, instead of just seeing the object itself, below.)")
print()
print("(I learn better if I confirm the intended output of the code block.)")
print()

class personalized:
def init(self, sender_name, recipient_name):
self.personal_file = open(f"\n{sender_name}_personalized.txt", “w”)
self.sender_name = sender_name
self.recipient_name = recipient_name

def enter(self):
self.personal_file.write(f"\nDear {self.recipient_name},\n")
return self.personal_file

def exit(self, *exec):
self.personal_file.write(f"\nSincerely \n{self.sender_name}")
self.personal_file.close()

print(“Task 2”)
print(“Using the ‘class’ to generate three cards, the first a personalized card from John to Michael, the second a ‘generic’ BIRTHDAY card from Josiah to co-worker Remy, and the third card, a ‘personalized’ BIRTHDAY card from Josiah to sister Esther.”)
print(“Task 2 used the provided ‘happy_bday.txt file’ (card 1) and a ‘write’ mode to create a personalized Birthday card (card 2)”)
print()
with personalized(“John”, “Michael”) as personalized_card:
personalized_card.write(“I am so proud of you! Being your friend for all these years has been nothing but a blessing. I don’t say it often but I just wanted to let you know that you inspire me and I love you! All the best. Always.”)
print(“1). First ‘class’ custom card”)
print(“This is the object that is the result of the class call, the card from John.”)
print()
print(personalized_card)
with open(‘John_personalized.txt’,‘r’) as john_card:
print(john_card.read())
print()

print(“So this is Josiah’s first card, a ‘generic’ birthday card from him to Esther. It uses the provided ‘happy_bday.txt’ file content. It is the second of the three class calls.”)
print()

print()

with generic(“happy_bday.txt”,“Josiah”,“Remy” ) as generic_card, personalized(“Josiah”,“Esther”) as personal2:
personal2.write(“Happy Birthday! I love you to the moon and back. Even though you’re a pain sometimes, you’re a pain I can’t live without. I am incredibly proud of you and grateful to have you as a sister. Cheers to 25!! You’re getting old!”)

print("First happy bday from 'happy_bday.txt' file")
print(generic_card)
print()
with open('happy_bday.txt','r') as j_card:
  print("Dear Remy,")
  print(j_card.read())
  print("Sincerely,")
  print("Josiah")
  print()

print("Second happy bday but personalized")
print(personal2)
with open('Josiah_personalized.txt','r') as j_card2:
  print(j_card2.read())

print()
print("----------------------------------------")
print(“I was able to print out all the cards of the class based context manager approach, HOWEVER I had to fudge it to print out the first ‘Josiah’ card (to Remy) from the nested syntax format. Perhaps someone can point out how I solve this.”)
print()
print(“FYI”)
print(“TYPO found in the provided text files for John and Josiah. There is a comma after the sender name that is grammtically incorrect so I removed it from both files.”)

1 Like