Python won't open in kali linux

I’m trying to learn hacking and python won’t open in kali linux:

lightsaberpro@LAPTOP-P1UA7I5E:~$ python
-bash: python: command not found

1 Like

Did you install python? Is it in path? what if you python and press tab twice, what suggestion does bash come with?

1 Like

I did instal python. it is in path.

python37.dll python3.dll python.exe pythonw.exe

1 Like

What did you do? .dll and .exe are for windows. That won’t work of course. Install the linux executable files.

1 Like

what do you mean by Install the linux executable files.

1 Like

if you look at the python website:

https://www.python.org/downloads/

you can see there are different installers for the different operating systems. You attempted to use the windows installer on the linux operating system. That will never work. Windows and Linux are such different operating systems, they deal very different with executable files for example

1 Like

so i need to install python for linux operating system?

1 Like

Do i seriously need to answer that? Sounds pretty logic to me

1 Like

it was a yes or no question

1 Like

I know, the question was so unnecessary that my answer was sarcastic. I know its not very polite of me.

In that case: Yes, obviously you need to use the right installer for the operating system you are using

1 Like

I have windows operating system and python for windows. isn’t that supposed to work?
no problem with the sarcasm :wink:

1 Like

but you said you had kali linux? What? How do you have that? You really have to describe everything better, otherwise such issues are nearly impossible to resolve on a forum

did you install kali linux with linux subsystem for windows?

1 Like

…Yes…
(the dots are the extra characters)

1 Like

as a programmer, you really should ask yourself this kind of questions, and make sure to explain them when you need help

I would recommend you to read more about virtualization, to understand how things like WLS (windows linux subsystem) works, and why you then also need to install python again in kali linux.

1 Like

Are you learning good hacking or bad hacking?
Try deleting it then redownloading it and it should work.

good haking(white hat)
thanks for helping (didnt work but thanks anyway)