Python, Ruby, or PHP

Hey Codecademy Users! For those of you that do Python, Ruby, or PHP, which one should I do??

I am almost done with the JavaScript course, (just doing a quick review) then I wanna pursue one of those courses mentioned above. Which one should I pursue?? I would do every single one, but which one should I start with?

Hey Kat,

It really depends on what you want to do eventually. I recommend learning Python - it’s a great language that can be used to create very powerful (yet easy to understand) programs without that much effort.

What do you want to do eventually with code, though?

2 Likes

It depends on where you want to go.

I do Python because I am more oriented towards programming and software development.

If you’re interested in Web-Development then pick PHP first.

Ruby is also very nice if you use Rails.

1 Like

They’re all good languages to learn, but I’d go for Ruby or Python, then PHP.

Reasons:
Ruby: Ruby is wonderful for prototyping and has gems as well as rails, allowing for a ton of possibilities.
Python: Great community and support to develop a lot of things, games, web development…ect.

PHP: This language is generally considered bad as far as design goes, and I think is slowly losing popularity.

1 Like

hmm, idk. for now, I just wanna use it for fun, but I hope someday to make an app with it, or even to get a job that has to do with coding.

1 Like

@cadecodes Yeah, I’m probably gonna do Pthyon. thx for the suggestion! @tehluigi thanks for the feedback! I’m gonna go with Python! thanks again guys!:slight_smile:

1 Like