Python: Conditionals & Control Flow

Please help, I have been stuck on this one for a couple of hours now.

please read this topic:

If you write a good post, we can help you much better. With what you currently wrote, its really challenging for us to help you. Good posts get answered faster and better from which you can profit

2 Likes

You haven’t attempted anything, why? What part do and do you not understand? Explain your thoughts please

2 Likes

Well I have attempted the first one.

I do not understand the instructions.

but i had to ask you twice to get this information from you, for next time, remember to include this from the start

for bool_one, we are given the following condition: False and False (see instructions)

now we have to manually evaluate this condition.
Is this condition true?
Is this condition false?

well, i will help you with this one, this condition evaluates to false, so we set bool_one to false:

bool_one = False

now you have to do the same for the remaining variables.

3 Likes

There must be a mistake we have made stetim

The exercise seemed to have approved

Ideally, bool_two, bool_three and so on have only one Boolean value (no and, no or, no numbers and so on) like we did with bool_one.

just:

bool_two = True

or:

bool_two = False

depending on how the condition evaluates

1 Like

im not sure i understood what you were trying to say, please clarify.

the variables (bool_one, bool_two and so on) should have a value of true or false, so for example:

bool_three = False

if its true or false depends on the condition (which you have to evaluate manually) given in the instructions

every condition evaluates to true or false, so your task is to do this evaluation manually, to prove you understand how conditions are evaluated, then set the variable according to the result

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Condition and control flow

i am going to split this reply, clearly i am not the person to help you. You can’t explain me what it is you don’t understand (about the exercise and my explanations)

1 Like

please glue this topic back together, i made it so its mine. :(:rage:

Frankly you have been unspecific and unclear especially to someone new like me. Please fix your “style” of answering so people like me can actually understand what you are trying to say.

P.S. I have reported you account for helpfulness.

Have you been able to take a break, and step away from the code yet ? Perhaps if you gave yourself sometime it would be a bit easier to tackle the code in a second sprint…

1 Like

No, i am not glueing the topics together. By separating them, someone else who better fits your style can have a go at the topic, which is more likely to happen at a new topic then one which already has many replies

in the new topic, there is a link to the old one, in case people want to read it :wink:

1 Like

ok buddy, i am going to get some milk, im quite vexed

i’ll be back in 5 mins buddy x

Sure thing @projectbosco coding is not something that can be done in a day, people have become undone and defeated by this guy alone -> ;

Its always good to have a second pair of eyes, advise and opinions but the material never gets easier.

Constant breaks, stretches, water, etc. is necessary

Good Luck and Happy Coding :tada:

1 Like

thanks for being understanding and supportive. getting a beer now

Continuing the discussion from Python: Conditionals & Control Flow:

# Set bool_one equal to the result of;
# (False)  OR  ((not True) AND (True))
# (False)  OR  ((False) AND (True))
# (False)  OR  (False)
bool_one = False

# Set bool_two equal to the result of;
# ((False) And (not True))   OR   (True)
# ((False) And (False))   OR   (True)
# (False)   OR   (True)
bool_two = True

Hope that helps clarify the process a little. :+1: :crossed_fingers: