Python 2 course Bug "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." [Posted here as I cannot post in the Bug section]

I am getting a lot of…

“Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.”

even on a pages where there was just example code to run, no writing or editing needed.

I am in the UK (sadly), my internet connection is fine, I have all my bandwidth to myself (lucky me!), and I’ve got nothing using huge amounts of bandwidth.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

This bit drew my attention. :slight_smile:

If you’re using a work device, one presumes it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that there’s a web filter/proxy in place somewhere. This may be what’s causing the problem.

When you click the “Run” button in the learning environment, it’s not just the Codecademy website (*.codecademy.com) that you’re communicating with - there’s a number of other services which are involved in delivering the LE, and which would potentially cause the issue if they’re being blocked by a web filter/proxy.

If you’re comfortable doing so, you could use the Network tab in the F12 developer tools to monitor what’s going on when you’re attempting to use the LE. Broadly speaking (there’s some exceptions), you’d expect to see a lot of “Status 200” entries on that tab but if there’s a proxy involved you might be getting some 403s or similar. :slight_smile:

1 Like