Putting the form in fomatter

I'm stuck at this part, more so cause I don't know how I want to go about it? A bit confused any better examples?

Do you think you could go a little more into detail over this? The instructions, error you're receiving, and what lesson specifically you're on. Anything you could add to help us help you ( Specifically your code!! ) will make this easier for everyone involved :smiley:

I think we have the same problem. part 1 of putting the form in formatter asks us to input our details to trial the code and deduce what each objects action is. after filling it out and submitting it pretty much froze and only came up with my first same

e.g.

print "artemis"
first_name = gets.chomp
first_name.capitalize!

print "fowl"
last_name = gets.chomp
last_name.capitalize!

print "bath"
city = gets.chomp
city.capitalize!

print "sommerset"
state = gets.chomp
state.upcase!

puts "Your name is #{first_name} #{last_name} and you're from #{city}, #{state}!"

the output is simply

Artemis

I have the same problem!

I've figured it out, you have to run the original program without editing it, then insert your details on the console as they appear (remember to press enter after each variable

I don't think I understand you. If I rest the code back to the original with questions and I hit enter the console shows: what is your first name? And has the same problem that it has a white loading icon at the bottom rather than being red or green to show that I am either correct or incorrect. If I only put in my first name or all th information it is the same problem that it is eternally loading and never progresses to say if it is right or wrong. I though it was my internet connection but I have tried turning off pop-up blocker, firewall, using other computers in my house and none of that works.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Sorry I was busy the last few days. I think its lesson 5 in Ruby print the output

I didn't touch my code yet, i'm just stumped how I would set it up

Here is the code untouched

print "what's your first name?"
first_name = gets.chomp
print
last_name = gets.chomp
print
city = gets.chomp
print
state = gets.chomp.upcase

print

All the console sees is that. So it's like "Print? What in the poopsicles am I supposed to print!?" Finish those lines by adding the variable that you want to print after the "print" function.

I think I get what you're saying. Hit Submit on the regular code then in the box on the right it will ask "What's your name" ETC and then fill it out and hit submit again after you are done with your name, last name, city state? Problem is I am getting that gear when I hit submit and it keeps spinning maybe its my browser using chrome

I will finish up the puts see if it continues spinning