Putting it all Together

I am getting the message: Oops, try again. Did you remember to set .standout's font-family to Verdana?
This is my CSS code:

#intro 
{color: #B83C3A; }
.standout 
{ color: #F7AC5F; }
{ font-family:Verdana; }

This is the HTML code:

<body>
		<h2 id="intro">Introduction</h2>
		<h3 class="standout">Classes and IDs in CSS</h3>
		<p class="standout">Classes and IDs are super easy in CSS. You're using them right now!</p>
		<h3>Regular HTML Selectors</h3>
		<p>If you don't bother with a class or ID, an HTML element just gets

Hi @courseblaster73540,

For each selector you only need one set of brackets to define the properties and values.
A minor change to your code then and the example would be as follows :slight_smile:

.standout 
{ color: #F7AC5F;  /* }  remove this brace
/* { remove this brace */ font-family:Verdana; }

As an additional edit, and the credit here goes to the moderator who not only took the time to help format your post, but also in doing so helped to highlight both the importance of correctly formatting a post and how doing this helps display where errors are, your final paragraph in the HTML body is in fact missing its closing tag. So the correct code syntax, as long as you want to write valid HTML code heehee should be

<p>If you don't bother with a class or ID, an HTML element just gets </p> <!-- add the closing </p> here -->

PS: If it may help, it appears that your HTML was not visible as code: In order to correctly display any code always make sure to highlight said code in your post and then wrap it in the p reformatted text tags, either by using the "</>" link in the top of your reply window or simply adding " ` " around your code sample :slight_smile:

NB: ` = 3 Backticks/gave accents, usually located in the top left area of your keyboard under the Esc key & shared with the tilde ~ :slight_smile:

.standout { 
     color: #F7AC5F; 
     font-family:Verdana; 
}

<h1> This should be visible </h1>
<p> as actual HTML text </p>
<div> you should be able to see my HTML tags </div>

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.