Put It Together

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-en-qzsCL/0/3?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096

Oops, try again. It looks like lloyd is not in the students list

I created the list as instructed, but it keeps telling me that "Lloyd" is not in the list. I have tried many different variation of spelling Lloyd. I even went to sleep and woke with a fresh new set of eyes and still not able to see what I'm doing wrong.

lloyd = {
    "name": "lloyd",
    "homework": [90.0, 97.0, 75.0, 92.0],
    "quizzes": [88.0, 40.0, 94.0],
    "tests": [75.0, 90.0]
}
alice = {
    "name": "Alice",
    "homework": [100.0, 92.0, 98.0, 100.0],
    "quizzes": [82.0, 83.0, 91.0],
    "tests": [89.0, 97.0]
}
tyler = {
    "name": "Tyler",
    "homework": [0.0, 87.0, 75.0, 22.0],
    "quizzes": [0.0, 75.0, 78.0],
    "tests": [100.0, 100.0]
}

Students = ["Lloyd", "Alice", "Tyler"]

I have the same question,but i still konw why:joy:

Two things:
1) your variable Students has a capital S the lesson wants it to be lower case.

2) You have put strings into your students list. You want to put the dictionaries into it. That and the strings you put in have capital letters, does the lesson want them to?

I did it without the capital "S" and received the same error message.

Just need to sort this part out now then. The lesson is asking you to put each student's dictionary into the list. You have put a string containing each student's name.

I finally got what I was doing wrong. thank you for pointing it out to me.

what was the mistake?

The key here was the quotes around the list items in the list students. They were strings because of the quotes. What the OP wanted to put in that list were the 3 dictionaries. Getting rid of those quotes (and matching the capitalization of the dictionaries) was the solution.

I was reading too much into the question and overlooked that part that requested for putting the dictionary into a list. And I did exactly what rickymccallum87 stated. I removed the quotations.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.