Put it together - cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Hi,
I've got stucked here... been looking for the error but can't find it! some help pls!!!

Here is the link to the exercise (pull it together) https://www.codecademy.com/courses/python-beginner-P5YtY/1/4?curriculum_id=4f89dab3d788890003000096#

Here goes the error code "Oops, try again. trip_cost('Pittsburgh', 1) raised an error: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects"

I thought it should work properly

#Hotel
def hotel_cost(nights):
    return 140 * nights

#Plane
def plane_ride_cost(city):
    if city == "Charlotte":
        return 183
    elif city == "Tampa":
        return 220
    elif city == "Pittsburgh":
        return 222
    elif city == "Los Angeles":
        return 475

#Car
def rental_car_cost(days):
    if days >= 7:
        return (days * 40) - 50
    elif days >= 3:
        return (days * 40) - 20
    else:
        return days * 40

#Total Cost
def trip_cost(days, city):
    return hotel_cost(days) + plane_ride_cost(city) + rental_car_cost(days)

the exercise calls the function:

trip_cost('Pittsburgh', 1)

with the city as first argument, and the number of days as argument

Now look at your function parametrs

yes! as soon as i posted the problem I've thought that was te problem... indeed i change the order of arguments and it worked!!

I think that while checking the exercise guys from codeacademy should use a try and exept cicle...

indeed there is no way to know in witch order the check will call the arguments of the function!

THX!!

the instructions:

Below your existing code, define a function called trip_cost that takes two arguments, city and days

if the parameters are given in this order in the instructions, you can expect the arguments to be in the same order

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.