I decided to write a program that pieced together pseudo-haikus from supplied strings. By “pseudo-haiku”, I am referring only to a short poem that fits the 5-7-5 syllable structure and not accounting for whether the content makes sense.
Writing the program was straightforward and I believe I did it in the most basic way possible. Altogether, it probably took about 45 minutes to get it to the state in which it is currently in. Coming up with the strings for the arrays took more time than I intended, but I think I worried about that part too much.
Overall, I am glad to see that it worked and am interested to see the other users’ implementations.