Problems with course losing place, popups and other issues

I am taking the python course and having issues for past few weeks with course constantly losing my place . It started with conditionals and is still happening everyday.

I am also getting constant popups “are you still there” that are annoying as heck.

And finally this code below locks up the console.

Any way to fix or is this just the way it is…

Thanks

print ‘Welcome to the Pig Latin Translator!’

Start coding here!

original = raw_input("Enter a word: ")

Please link to the lesson in question. Thanks.

Here it is this morning: Now the code works but it’s jumped ahead several steps so it thinks I did something wrong.

Pop Quiz!

Did you remember to use .isalpha() in your code?

By this point in the unit you should have some running code to go along with the inputs.

original = raw_input("Enter a word: ")
if len(original) > 0 and original.isalpha():
  print original
else:
  print "empty"

And that is exactly the issue.
It jumps around like that from step 1 to step 6/etc and it gets all confused.
It also thinks that I have completed way more steps than I have so I have to reset.

This morning I had to do a reset on each step to get it working.

Don’t know what to suggest, if this is a platform problem. Make your way to the end and put this unit in the rear view mirror. If you run into problems with raw_input() just set the original variable manually.

original = 'surprise'

Thanks…yea I can get through it just wanted them to know something has been going wrong…

I have been doing all of this from work, but this weekend will try from home and see if any difference…
thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.