Problem with the interpreter window

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-8a35h/0/6?curriculum_id=5124ef4c78d510dd89003eb8#

Every time I try to run the program, the interpreter's window send this error and when I click the "Save & submit button" it freezes the screen as waiting something.

The error I get in the interpreter is this one:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_VARIABLE or T_DOLLAR_OPEN_CURLY_BRACES or T_CURLY_OPEN on line 18

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Modifying Elements</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>
      <?php
        $languages = array("HTML/CSS",
        "JavaScript", "PHP", "Python", "Ruby");
        $languages{0} = "Python " ;
        echo $languages{0} ;
      ?>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

There should be no leading space before a semi-colon. Your string also has a trailing space that the SCT may not expect.

I had to logout and then log in again and it worked. Bout now, it's getting me another error. I already published the new error.

Thanks any way...

I am having the same issues and error messages as noted above with the PHP lessons. I input the correct code but the interpreter freezes or something and doesn't recognize that the code is correct. But if I copy the code, reset the code editor, refresh the page, and then paste in the code it then recognizes that the code is correct.

I just find that the interpreter freezes when you try to write several lines of code. It's like it cannot deal with interpreting all the time.

It may be necessary to apply the same temporary hack I recommend for exercise containing loops. Introduce a parse error straight off, then remove the code when ready to submit.

<?php else ?>

or anything that is incorrect.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.