Problem with script

Hi all. Started on python about a day ago. I tried to run the exe from this github.
https://github.com/serbyy/Squido
But I obtained this error.

=============================== System ===============================
System : Windows
Release : 8
Version : 6.2.9200
Architecture : 64bit
Time : 2017-02-18 23:36:20
===========================================================================
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 56, in
File "c:\Python27\Scripts\build\install_squid\out00-PYZ.pyz\paramiko.transport", line 211, in init
socket.gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

How do I rectify this?

The first thing mentioned is the readme is that it's for debian (in other words, not windows)
https://www.debian.org/

so i have to be logged into my debian server to launch this script? i cant launch this script in windows?

No clue why there's an exe in there. At best it conflicts with what the readme is saying, you'll have to refer to whatever leads you to use that project

As in, does it make sense in the context of what it's supposed to do, to run something on windows

if im not mistaken, the servers to make the proxies has to be either a ubuntu os or debian os. not the launching of script. i dont get how to fix my error 'getaddrinfo failed'

ubuntu (and several others) is based on debian

So sure, if it's connecting to some remote server using only python (which is fine on windows) ..

googling suggests the error message is from being unable to resolve an url, that could be because there's really nothing there or because of your machine's settings

I'd open the file where the crash happens and have it print out the url it's trying to resolve and then use some separate/unrelated tool to see if it resolves on your machine

cmd.exe ->
nslookup theurlitwastryingtoresolve
(dunno if that's really how to do it, I'm not a windows user)

That way you can determine if it's got to do with any of the python stuff or if it's your network configuration