Problem installing sqlite3

Hi, I’m working on the x-press-publishing project in the Building a persistent API module:

when I run ‘npm install’ to install the dependencies, I getting errors that point to a problem with sqlite3:

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(403): https://mapbox-node-binary.s3.amazonaws.com/sqlite3/v3.1.13/node-v64-darwin-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for sqlite3@3.1.13 and node@10.16.3 (node-v64 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(undefined): https://mapbox-node-binary.s3.amazonaws.com/sqlite3/v3.1.13/node-v64-darwin-x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for sqlite3@3.1.13 and node@10.16.3 (node-v64 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)

node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (/Users/acandael/Tutorials/x-press-publishing/node_modules/sqlite3/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:198:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:982:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:259:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Darwin 18.7.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! command “/Users/acandael/.nvm/versions/node/v10.16.3/bin/node” “/Users/acandael/Tutorials/x-press-publishing/node_modules/sqlite3/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp” “install” “–fallback-to-build”
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd /Users/acandael/Tutorials/x-press-publishing/node_modules/sqlite3
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v10.16.3
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.6.38
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok

I tried several things like changing my node version to v10.16.3 , but nothing seems to solve my problem.

Has someone experience with this issue? How can I fix it?

thanks for your help,

Anthony

2 Likes

The problem seems to be related to this:

node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

1 Like

phew, after searching for 2 days for a fix, I finally solved the issue by rolling back to Node v9.11.1

3 Likes

Hey Anthony -

Thanks for your post, I had the exact same issue so this saved me a lot of time figuring out what was wrong. Codecademy should include some sort of warning on this.

Anyway, used a node version manager tool (here) that works perfectly and lets you dynamically change your node version to be used.

Jeroen

I have the same issue, i can’t believe that something such important is not warning anywhere… thank you guys