Problem at start #1

I have problem with exercise 1 I have that code on my top of html but When i click NEXT site say me this:

A web browser must know what language a document is written in before they can process the contents of the document.

You can let web browsers know that you are using the HTML language by starting your HTML document with a document type declaration.

The declaration is the following:

This declaration is an instruction. It tells the browser what type of document to expect, along with what version of HTML is being used in the document. must be the first line of code in all of your HTML documents.

Note: If you don't use the doctype declaration, your HTML code will likely still work, however, it's risky. Right now, the browser will correctly assume that you are using HTML5, as HTML5 is the current standard. In the future, however, a new standard will override HTML5. Future browsers may assume you're using a different, newer standard, in which case your document will be interpreted incorrectly. To make sure your document is forever interpreted correctly, always include at the very beginning of your HTML documents.

Seems like you just pasted instructions, and declared that you have a problem
What's the problem?

Document say that i need to have code ''< !DOCTYPE html>'' on top of my code, but i already have that.

when i click next this show to me : https://snag.gy/cBVM7R.jpg

thanks

Did you type all of that code yourself? What did you actually do?

Yes but even when i dont type anything there is an error with same message alwayes.

Can you reset the exercise completely, do it as you think it should be done, and then post a screenshot please?

i reset and again all the same :frowning:

You say there's a problem but you haven't described a problem.
You also moved on to the next exercise, which suggests that you finished the exercise where you said there's a problem.

So.. there's no problem? Because the one you didn't describe was on previous exercise, which you're no longer on?

If there is some problem that you want somebody else to consider, then you'd need to describe it to the point where they can reproduce it or otherwise understand it, and then describe what you're trying to make happen, and what is preventing you from doing so. You're missing all of that, there's almost nothing to respond to.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.