Prints out more than it should? Help clarify 10/11

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/javascript-beginner-en-ASGIv/2/3?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661#

I set a value to my variable. When the loop runs, I understand that 'do' first prints out the string in my code, then the while kicks in. But in the while loop, the variable randomNum++ would increase in value by one. Given my example code. shouldn't this print only two times instead of three? When I set the varaible greater than 2, the loops prints once and then stops.

Is it printing 3 times because despite randomNum = 0, the 'do' is executed first because it is true from the start of the loop, then the while pulls/reads the randomNum and starts the loop again? I feel like I answered my own question. But someone let me know.

var getToDaChoppa = function(){
  // Write your do/while loop here!
  var randomNum = 0;

do {
        console.log("Print while condition true.");  
    } while (randomNum++ < 2 ) ;
};

getToDaChoppa();

Because the comparison is done before increasing the randomNum. So, it will print:

do
randonNum is 0
randonNum is 1

if you would do ++randomNum, there will be two printouts

Ahh ok, reread and do/while loops runs at least once. Now I see why I get the extra line.

Thank you, stetim94. I never thought of doing ++randomNum. Not enough coding experience from my end. But with your advice now, it'll surely stick to me.

you could also do:

var randomNum = 0;

do {
        console.log("Print while condition true.");  
        randomNum++;
    } while (randomNum < 2 ) ;

this will result in two printout outs, one for the do part of the loop. Then random number gets increased to 1, 1 is smaller then 2, so the loop will run again. And 2 < 2 is false, so the loop will exit after the second run

Ahh that's nice too. But given the difference variations, wouldn't the first code you provided earlier be considered cleaner? ... After thinking about it, I thought it wouldn't make sense to have randomNum++ in the 'do' section, but I see why you could if the 'while' condition was something totally different then what's used in this exercise. Cool!! Thanks again.