Possible typo: do you know left from right?

https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/web-beginner-en-zmn0b/0/5?content_from=make-an-interactive-website%3Ayour-first-program

Right now, the menu is 285px past the left edge of the screen. That's why it is not visible! Inside the animate method:

a move it 0px to the left

b. make this happen over 200 milliseconds.We now want to push the rest of the page to the left 285px. Use 
jQuery to select the body HTML element, animate it, and move it left 
285px over 200 milliseconds.

If the menu is 285px past the left edge of the screen, shouldn't it be moving 285px to the right to display it? The same goes for the body. I'm entirely new to HTML/Javascript/CSS so if there's a convention or reason behind this, please let me know.

Hi @bechin,

This is actually not an issue or typo on Codecademy's part, despite what it sounds like at first :slight_smile:

Right now, the menu is 285px past the left edge of the screen. That's why it is not visible!
[...]
move it 0px to the left

Even though it sounds like it's saying to move the menu zero pixels, the instructions are actually saying to change the left position value from 285px to 0px, rather than not moving the menu at all.

I'm sure this could be worded better, but I'm not sure it's worth fixing, since I think Codecademy is planning on removing this course in the next few months.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.