Possible to take profile URL?

Hey,
My current URL is https://www.codecademy.com/Prof_Dr_Koala
I was trying to get the username Bramvanberkel (My actual name) but it was already taken by BramvanBerkel (not me).
It seems that he has used the site over a year ago and is not using it anymore. I’d like to use that url for my curriculum. It looks a bit better than Prof_Dr_Koala. Also because my site is called the same.
Is it possible to send a message or mail to that user asking if he is still using the account?

Thanks in advance,
Prof_Dr_Koala

1 Like

I have the same issue, I hope CodeCademy has an inactive user policy as CodePen does>

As far as I am aware, such a thing is not possible.

We were able reach the profile in question. It dates back several years, but the option is still there for the member to return to their studies at any time. It’s all on @importantpeople to decide if this is a matter that can be followed up. It would mean contacting the member, an iffy proposition, already, getting their permission to delete their account (and progress). As it stands this is a big ask.

The other bad news is that the other member is likely the person with the GitHub account that dates back to 2015. That is, assuming this is not your GH account.