Possible error in course work?

Okay, so I’m currently working on the Data Science Foundations Skill Path, and I’ve reached the slide on this page:

Principles of Data Literacy
- > Visualizing Data
- > Misleading and Confusing Graphs
- > Axes

On the slide there is an image of two graphs, the first one is the regular graph (which is intentionally hard to read), and the second has a break in it (which makes the gaps between columns more apparent therefore easier to read). But the y-axis on the second graph doesn’t make sense. It should show a zoomed in version of the information from the first graph (with values of 100, 105 and 110) but instead just copies the y-axis from the left graph (50, 100, 150), which is incorrect and not mentioned in the course work. According to the course work, the axis should be 100, 105, 110…

I could be way off here, maybe the second graph is showing the literal misleading and confusing graph BECAUSE the axis information is wrong, but that doesn’t seem to be what the course work is getting at.

I could be very wrong here, and please tell me if i am, but its just a little bit confusing lol

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Do you have screenshots?

Just the bit in the red circle.

I’m sorry, I didn’t see that you had a link to the lesson in your original post. :woman_facepalming:

That is confusing to me as well. I assumed they’d show the difference between 0, 5, 10 and not 50, 100, 150. Perhaps you should report the curriculum issue.

here:
https://help.codecademy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Ah awesome, i couldn’t find that link when i was looking for it earlier.

Thanks for that, ill see what i can do.

2 Likes