Portfolio Projects with Jupyter (how to make them like the Codecademy's Jupyter excercises)

I am trying to figure out how to make my portfolio project similar to codecademy’s Jupyter exercises. Sorry getting old and a little beat up slow at times. But I can not for the life of me from all the documentation figure out how to have a page with blocks of text then lines of code all on one page. I would like to have some formatted description like that for each chunk of code instead of using comments. Does this have to do with markdown? If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Yes, you can change the Jupyter notebook cells to be either markdown (text) cells or code cells.

Markdown is just text that is stylized using a special syntax. You can find a decent cheat sheet for markdown here (p.s., markdown can also be used here in the forums to format your posts and replies).

There should be a dropdown menu at the top of the notebook that says “Code” when a code cell is selected, or “Markdown” when a text cell is selected. Clicking on that dropdown and changing it will change the type of the selected cell. You can also go to the top of the notebook, click on the “Cell” menu and choose the cell type from there.

2 Likes

Thanks after another look I figured out how to do it!

1 Like