Portfolio Project: US Medical Insurance Costs

Here is my solution to the US Medical Insurance Costs portfolio project.

It took me a couple of days to finish, because the first time I did it, I didn’t use any functions and just wrote a lot of repeated code. Then I wondered what I was doing, and re-made it to use functions, so that there wasn’t so much useless code cluttering up the place.

I thought the project was just right in terms of difficulty- I had to look up some things and figure out the best way to go about it. I liked having to think about how I was going to structure it.

I would be grateful to know if anybody got different results to me, or if anybody had a quicker way of grouping the data into age groups/ bmi groups.

Hey @ashwhitmey!
Recently a lot of people have completed this project and asking for code reviews. But no one is coming up for answering topics related to this project.
I have tried to answer many people after I completed this project (approx 4-5 reviews today), that was hectic! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:.
Now talking about your code, You are right. You could have used functions or classes to complete this project. What you did could be more readable.
Also using a lot of unformatted markdown text made your notebook untidy.
I suggest you refer to topics of this project where others have shared there code (you might find mine as well).
Try to go through this project again because first, it’s not that difficult. Second, most of the people completed it in around 3-4 hours. It’s not something to be worked upon for days.
If going through others solution, you still find it uneasy to complete this project in a better manner you can message me on codecademy or mail me (check my profile for email id) I would love to help you!

Happy Coding!

Hi, ashwhitmey,

Just a little feedback on your project. I like how you organized your project. I was able to follow your logic. The only thing you might want to look at are the comments at the end (the average number of children per region). The highest average looks to be for the people in the northwest.

Here’s my code solution for the US medical insurance cost portfolio project. I wasn’t sure what direction to take things here, so any feedback is welcome. Thanks!