[Poll] Which code editor do you use the most?

Seeing which code editors people use most is always interesting, so here’s a poll for everyone to see what’s most popular here with Codecademy users :slight_smile:

Which code editor do you use the most?

• Web based (Cloud9, collabedit, etc.)
  • Brackets
  • Atom
  • Sublime Text
  • Notepad(++)
  • Terminal based (Vim, Vi, Nano, etc.)
  • Netbeans
  • Visual Studio
  • Eclipse
  • Other (please name it below)

0 voters

Thanks for voting!

Unfortunately, I’m not able to edit the poll to add in your favorite code editor, but please still let me know if it’s not listed above :slight_smile:
Oh, and this is not meant for online playgrounds such as CodePen or JSFiddle - I consider them different than code editors, even though they technically are one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I mostly program in Java, and I use the IntelliJ IDEA IDE to write my code. Therefore, I suppose that would be the ‘editor’ I use more, though strictly it is more than an editor.

I suppose the most common text editor I use for, say, scripting languages would be Atom or Notepad++ (I interchange.)

3 Likes

Eclipse, but thats for Java not making a website. Plus i have to use it for school.

Can you add Cocos2d-x ? Its a game development IDE

1 Like

@amanuel2 I’d be happy to add it if I could, but Discourse locks a poll after the first five or so minutes to prevent changing something good to something bad that could cause problems.

1 Like

Ok! Sorry for bothering you!

1 Like

i picked other and i just use notepad…

2 Likes

@amanuel2 No worries, I’d be happy to add it in if I could :slight_smile:

@dilbertron Thanks for letting me know! I didn’t consider that some people might use Notepad, rather than Notepad++. Mainly because I hear so much about Notepad and so little about Notepad++ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello I would like to cast my vote for notepad++. The class that I am currently in: Introduction to the Internet uses this editor. It is free and customizable, so much so that it is possible to mimic the code academy color scheme. This little tid-bit may help those that are much more visual in nature with their learning habits.

3 Likes

Notepad++ fan here. Been a fan for years. I also use GVIM and VIM but feel most comfortable with Notepad++. PyNPP FTW!

4 Likes

Where’s ed?

It is terminal based but it deserves its own poll choice!

Ed is the standard! :smile:

1 Like

@denisaltroy Find me two people who use that (one of them can be you) and I’ll include it if I can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I actually started to love :love_letter: Sublime Text! Its the best! Mainly because of those plugins! (Like the plugin where you can code multiple lines in one keyboard!!)

1 Like

Really surprised I’m the only one so far to use Eclipse! Do use Notepad++ for anything non Java related though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not only one Uhum* Me *Uhum :smile:

2 Likes

html any day so wait am i the only one who does that

-.- Html is a language not a code editor… -.-

I’m a huge Eclipse fanboy, mainly because I work with Java a lot! It feels really nice and I love the convenience of the interface!

2 Likes

I use Brackets for web development stuff because it can push the results directly to a browser also in html if you type something like a starting h1 element, it does the ending one for you. I also can’t believe that Brackets is that popular! Check it out here if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I use Notepad++ for windows. Sublime Text looks interesting but it’s not free (You can download it for free but then it doesn’t stop bothering you to pay because it’s an unregistered version)