[POLL] Expanding courses

Following a post in this topic , I created the following poll.

If you could choose to expand a current Codecademy course*, to cover more concepts etc., which would it be?

• HTML & CSS
  • Javascript
  • jQuery
  • PHP
  • Python
  • Ruby
  • Java
  • Command line
  • SQL
  • AngularJS

0 voters

I only included the ‘main courses’ in this poll, because there are too many ‘side courses’ to list.

5 Likes

Hey, This is so hard to choose :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Java for the win, come on, literally takes one second, vote the right way

1 Like

I’m really surprised that there are more votes to expand Python than anything else so far!
Python is already (IMO) the most difficult and longest course on Codecademy.

(I voted for expanding the command line course since it’s so powerful and useful. Codecademy’s course was great but didn’t cover nearly as much as I would have liked)

5 Likes

Actually, a lot of these courses are actually lacking in a lot of material, and there is a lot, and I mean a lot of room for adding more courses on still relatively basic coding levels. And even then, why can’t they make courses for really advance coding in the respective languages

5 Likes

My God. Python??? What about Javascript?

2 Likes

Since most job opportunities currently available are related to web design and development, I voted for JavaScript. The updated courses for HTML/CSS and JS are really good and the UI is awesome, but it only covers the basics. I think JS-course needs a PART2 where the students start to code for real. :slight_smile:

I also think HTML and CSS could have a PART2 with advanced topics.

Maybe even add a PART3 where the whole HTML5 curriculum (HTML, CSS, JS, AJAX, JSON, jQuery, Node.js, SQL etc… ) gets together on a really advanced level. It could be something really cool and useful. (And maybe only be offered for paying customers since the content would be really advanced stuff and would require a lot of work to build up from scratch)

3 Likes

Codecademy is really here to teach the basics of code, not necessarily ‘advanced’ topics. They’re working on some new courses to be released in Summer, though I’m not sure which or when (you can find that information yourself on the Codecademy blog)

4 Likes

In some thread someone told me that some more advanced topics are coming soon too. Now I can’t remember where it was said, so I can not link you guys to that particular thread.

I suppose we just have to wait and see what the creators come up with.

UPDATE: I found the information HERE. So exciting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you guys should open the full version of any coding courses ( i know it is too hard),
because so many people want to learn the entire technique of the coding,not only the fundamental.
Support!

2 Likes

I see ruby way down the list and i’m bummed by this, we need far more Ruby support out there this stuff really is the future. It’s easier to grasp and because everything really is an object it’s easier to “get” the OO aspect of coding. Methods also seem easier to write over other languages especially Java.

Get Ruby and everything ruby related including websites such as Ruby on Rails, Selenium -Webdriver, and just more advance and in depth ruby/ruby on rails course.

Start one is good, but i’d love beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert or something so i can really practice more on the site i prefer most.

1 Like

Definitely Java, the course is way to basic and needs more content, it should be getting more attention considering it is a popular language.

1 Like