Please Fix This Course

Thank you for all you are doing, I am loving Codeacademy. However, I can only make it through this course with extensive use of the Q&A community as the tutorial is very unhelpful and unclear. Looking through the archived forum posts, it seems many people have experienced the same thing.

DO you mean the while loop section or the entire javascript course?

So far it is the whole thing.

I agree it gets a bit confusing here and there; for absolute beginners to programming, it makes some jumps in logic which are logical to someone who knows the material (or has a particularly math-oriented mind), but difficult to follow for others.
What I did was look at some videos for absolute beginners elsewhere. Since I had already done the course here partially the videos were incredibly basic to me, but they did really help me in understanding the material here.

So yeah.. just a tip :smile: The codecademy course is good for learning as you do, but some outside materials really help!

HEY DON'T COMPLAIN OR YOU WILL GET CENSORED BY MTF/CA.

He keeps wiping out my complaints and then claims I just don't want to learn -- but because he wipes everything out, I have no evidence that my complaints are reasonable and totally on-topic! He even wiped out my posts where I linked to answers from the Archives -- that's how petty he is!!

Code Academy has known about problems with this course for THREE YEARS (check out the Archives -- 52 pages of many, many people complaining about the same issues!!!) but even though they do update lessons and courses every so often, removing content or otherwise modifying them, they have seen fit to just leave this one as-is.

AGAIN DON'T COMPLAIN OR YOU WILL GET CENSORED BY MTF/CA BECAUSE...YOU KNOW, THIS IS FREE SO SHUT UP.

WordPress, Drupal, Linux and other users of volunteer-content can complain but NOT Code Academy students or you will be attacked with ad hominem by the staff!!!

Why does no one understand basic communication concepts???

If I want to communicate something to you, it behooves me to try speaking your language. You shouldn't have to consult a dictionary!

As Euler is said to have remarked, it ain't mathematics unless he could explain it to his grandmother.

Seriously, these lessons are obviously supposed to be self-contained WRT their very specific, very limited goals. Students should NOT have to consult help forums, etc. for BASIC instruction -- which has been missing from these lessons of late.

It's just poor design and no concept of -- or care for -- very, very basic pedagogical methodology even per-diem substitute teachers have to learn.