Personal website

Hi :slight_smile:
I’m pretty new to coding and would like to share my first website with you.

It’s completely within the building process and on the one side I would be happy about feedback in general. On the other side I have the following questions:

1. Why is my h1 " Beautiful& Addictive" smaller then all the h2’s (for example “Get in contact”)?
  2. For layout purposes I used a h2 for the “Christoph Grothe” in the header. I guess I should not do this. However I don’t know which element to choose then. Maybe a div?
4 Likes

hey,
Not for sure if anyone has gotten back to you yet or not, I am new to this as well. Your h1 is smaller than your h2 because you have your h1 listed as a

and not as a

. Change that and you will be good to go on that part.

Eric

Hey @ewshamp ,
Thanks for answering but I guess you didn’t format your text cause I can’t really read what you want to tell me :wink:

Looks really cool! I’m learning to build websites too but not nearly as far along as you are. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Great Start !!

Design Stylistically:
From context I guess the squares will eventually be clickable??

I like the idea of your quiz to help people narrow down what they want you to build.

Maybe make WE ARE TOMORROW stand a little more prominent against the city background?? I like the main choice of font. You want something with a heavy weight.

Question 2:
I’m not sure I understand… but I think you’re saying you want to do something like this < div>
< h2> Christoph Grothe </ h2>
</ div>

My two cents: Maybe if you have a moment design yourself a quick logo I think a graphic as opposed to plan text might look more snazzy and pro and get you more clients?? Also maybe consider having a top navigation bar where you can highlight things like Take My Quiz…

1 Like

For an easy way to format your code, you can use either the code block tag in the text formatting panel, or create an HTML Codebyte!

Hi,
First of all: Thank you so much for commenting and giving me feedback :slight_smile:

However, second: I have to admit that I felt a bit ashamed when I saw my workspace project was featured within the newsletter: When I published it, I was engaged to let it look as good as possible. Later, I was again working on it and for this reason parts of the website didn’t look good anymore ( cause I was trying to solve a problem and playing around). And at this point, a lot of people see it cause of the newspaper :sweat_smile: Does anybody know what I mean? And how to deal with it?

@meadowlark25 Thanks :slight_smile: However I was quit surprised reading your comment cause I’m also a total beginner :wink:

@ngwolfhare Thank you so much for your feedback :slight_smile:
Yes, the squares will be clickable :slight_smile:
The “We are tomorrow” and the city background is exactely what I meant with what I wrote at the beginning :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

Question 2: Almost…I thought maybe I should use <div class="fontstyle">Christoph Grothe</div> instead of using the <h2> cause on MDN I read you should’nt use <h> elements only for styling purposes.

Your ideas: I wanted to carry out your logo suggestion, however the next problem followed. Maybe you can help :wink: ?

@zoe.bachman Thanks for the formating-hint :slight_smile:

1 Like