Part 5: I used if/else statement but still showing error

var userAnswer = prompt("Do you want to race Bieber on stage?");

if (userAnswer == "yes") {
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
} else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

What error it throws? or link page!

update**

1.check out if you did not commented out any part of the code.

You can see what happened when I commeted out my code!

2.If reason 1 is not true then mention what error you're getting.

is this your full code? You also need the if statement from age prompt from previous exercise, this exercise verifies two if statements are present.

@greentreemee, the exercise url:
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/javascript-beginner-en-x9DnD/0/5?curriculum_id=506324b3a7dffd00020bf661

I am also getting an error on the same exercise. Were you able to resolve it?

Yes that is there also.
This i smy code:

console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");

if(userAnswer == "yes"){
console.log("You and Bieber start racing. It's neck and neck! You win by a shoelace!");
}
else {
console.log("Oh no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

if you have the same problem, same solution should work?

Try running this, i had the same problem and i just included a conversion to a Boolean value, i know we have not hit it in the course yet but it works to get passed the issue.

console.log ("You are at a Justin Bieber concert, and you hear this lyric 'Lace my shoes off, start racing.'");
console.log("Suddenly, Bieber stops and says, 'Who wants to race me?'");
if (userAnswer == "yes"){
userAnswer = true;
}
else {
userAnswer = false;
}

if (userAnswer === true) {
} else {
console.log("On no! Bieber shakes his head and sings 'I set a pace, so I can race without pacing.'");
}

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.