Outdated tutorial lesson

javascript

Please see below for information on antiquated lesson.

Learn JavaScript > Introduction to JavaScript > Introduction to JavaScript > 4. Math Operators > 2. Subtraction

Now I want to preface this post with the fact that I am being meticulous which could be seen as overbearing. With that in mind thank you for reading and taking into consideration any actions that may need to be taken if any to correct this issue.

On a new line write another console.log. Inside the new console.log's parentheses, take the current year and subtract 1969.
The answer is how many years it's been since the 1969 moon landing.

console.log(2017 - 1969); /// Error The console is looking for 48
console.log(2016 - 1969); /// Correct!
            ^^^^
///The year for input must be 2016 in order to pass the lesson

Again I realize that this is a small issue, in the long run this does not prevent the completion of the exercise, nor did it take long to figure out due to the console telling you what it is looking for.

Proposed Solution:

The easiest way to prevent this issue from returning in the future is to avoid dates in the lesson to avoid confusion. The main purpose of the lesson is to teach an easy use of subtraction with the console.log command so the following could be used as a substitute for the current lesson.

On a new line write another console.log. Inside the new console.log's parentheses, subtract 30 from 124
Answer: 94

The hint would not need to be changed, however the error messages would.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

-Rex

2 posts were split to a new topic: JavaScript (American Latina) 28. Conclusion Part 2

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.