Orange problems, shouldve been an apple guy

prices = {"banana" : 4,"apple" : 2,"orange" : 1.5,"pear" : 3}

stock = {"banana" : 6, "apple" : 0, "orange" : 32, "pear" : 15}
for key in prices:
print key
print "prices: %s"% prices[key]
print "stock: %s"% stock[key]

Oops, try again. Check what your code prints for orange. It doesn't look quite right!

You're supposed to print "price", not "prices".

but price hasnt been wrote anywhere prior it asks for prices?!?!?!?!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "python", line 6, in
NameError: name 'price' is not defined

prices isnt it then?

prices is the right list, but when you print it, you're supposed to print "price: " not "prices: "

litterally how am i supposed to find that out thats mental ??

also it doesnt work,

prices = {"banana" : 4,"apple" : 2,"orange" : 1.5,"pear" : 3}

stock = {"banana" : 6, "apple" : 0, "orange" : 32, "pear" : 15}
for key in prices:
print key
print "prices: %s"% price[key]
print "stock: %s"% stock[key]

returns the same error regarding orange

This...

Needs to be this...

yeah i got it now seems like teh code was correct just codecademy being picky? or my error?

The codecademy interpreter is picky. Sometimes you have to type EXACTLY what is says, capitalization and punctuation included.

frustrating as ■■■■! thank you for youre persistence amigo

Honestly, I don't feel like it's a bad thing. It's annoying, but it teaches you to copy verbose, and if you make a mistake, it helps you learn to find small things like an extra s or a period that it didn't ask for.

And just to this blogninja and @tekkie1618 , the computer language python is very specific in how its wants its spacing, setup, and punctuation. For little grammar error or such can ruin a code in real life and it could have consequences so while it may be annoying it is for the better of the learner and the site :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.