Option to turn off achievement notifications for Pro Members

Thanks for keeping us updated @richiewu!

hey @h_harper @design6984985798, we just made up updates to our notifications. We’ve turned off a large majority of the badge notifications in the learning environment. You will still see some badges and weekly targets notifications, but the overall number should be drastically reduced!

2 Likes

@richie_wu good to know, but ultimately I’m still seeing the pop-ups that don’t go away on their own. This has been marked as solved now, but it hasn’t really solved my original issue and I’d really like to know if the team is working on making this an option to turn off altogether? I get that it won’t come together instantly, but I’d just like to know if it’s something Codecademy has plans to implement at some point in the future.

This is just my anecdotal experience, but I find that any pop-ups at all are more of a distraction rather than an incentive to keep working. I’m sure there’s some theory of gamification somewhere that says pop-ups = good but I know I can’t be alone in finding them annoying. Having the option to turn them off completely if we choose to would make everybody happy.

Hey @h_harper we currently have no plans to turn it off altogether but have made significant changes to reduce the noise to learners at much as possible. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes, but really hope that the recent changes alleviate some of your concerns around distractions.

Please feel free to hit me up for any feedback in the future!

I don’t know if I’m the only one facing this issue but I’m getting goal notifications in the middle of a lesson (not at the end) which I can’t X out of… They stay there and don’t go away and even obstruct my view into the coding shell…

OMG, this stuff is annoyingly horrendous. Why is it too much for you people to implement a small toggle in the settings? Are you not capable of doing things you’re trying to teach others? Extremely unprofessional. I really thought that once I get a pro subscription there will be an option to get rid of these annoyances. I definitely won’t be renewing.