Ops, try again. It looks like your search function doesn't return contact information for Bill

var friends = {
james: {
firstName: "James",
lastName: "Elias",
number: "555-555-5555",
address: ['One Microsoft Way','Redmond','WA','98052']
},
james2: {
firstName: "James2",
lastName: "Nguyen",
},
bill: {
firstName: "bill",
lastName: "thai",
},
steve: {
firstName: "Steve",
lastName: "Nuggent",
}
};

var list = function (friends) {
for(var key in friends) {
console.log(key);
}
};

var search = function(name) {
for (var key in friends) {
if(friends[key].firstName === name){
console.log(friends[key].firstName);
return friends[key];
}
}
};

search("bill");

It works but doesnt let me pass. I tried console.log(friends[key]); as well and it says the same thing but also prints the the info multiple times thats why i put the firstName there

Here:

You should just be printing out friends[key] only. Also, since bill is the first name, which you did rather manually/handcoded, you should search for ("firstName")

I tried printing only friends[key] and it still doesnt work, it just makes it print the info multiple times. What do u mean search for ("firstName")? Lke when i call the function?

bill
Steve
Steve
{"firstName":"bill","lastName":"thai","number":"555-555-5555","address":["One Microsoft Way","Redmond","WA","98052"]}

this is the output the way i do it.

Ok so all i did was go to the object and Capitalize the firstName key from "bill" to "Bill" and it worked....im confused as to why that made it work but yea...wtf lol

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.