Oops, try again. You should have exactly three print statements! (Make sure there are no occurrences of 'print' in any comment or string!)

Hey! Trying to figure out this one.

My code goes:

stock = {"banana": 6, "apple": 0, "orange": 32}

for klic, value in stock.iteritems() :
-indent present here- print "%s costs: %s" % (klic, value)

but I am getting this message: _"Oops, try again. You should have exactly three print statements! (Make sure there are no occurrences of 'print' in any comment or string!)"

What am I doing wrong, please? Keep in mind that I am no programer, this is my first language and that I am bsically following the instructions of the tutorial up to this point where I dont understand what could be wrong. I have reduced the number of entries int he dictionary to three but didnt help, obviously. Thanks!

the validation for this exercise is really strict. You should have 3 prints in your for loop to print the following things: product, price of product and stock of product

Okay then. Seems like another copy-paste of somebodys code w/o actually knowing what I am doing.

is the problem resolved?

Factically is. Copy-paste helped to open another chapter of the course. I guess that I am somewhat dumb in case of coding.

copy pasting is not recommended when learning to code/progrram

Well.., I did not come to any better solution. I must be disabled in some way. I keep getting stucked on every single tutorial and when asking for help, I am usually been mocked or overwhelmed with statements like "you must declare a function before calling a procedure" which is actually of the same value to me as if it was written in ancient greek. : /

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.