Oops! try again, looks like your third paragraph is undefined

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/4/5?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b#

i just get this error, "Oops, try again. Did you give your third paragraph a font-size of 26px? It looks like it's currently undefined."

even though the CSS i've written looks exactly like what they're suggesting in the lesson, any ideas would be appreciated

/*Add your CSS below!*/

.fancy {
    font-family:cursive;
    color:violet;
}
#serious {
    font-family:Courier;
    color:#8c8c8c;
}
body :nth-child(4) {
    font-size:26px;
}

and it tells me in the lesson to do

body :nth-child(4)

because: "If you don't have a space it means 'find the body tag that is an nth-child'. If you have a space it means 'find the nth-child of the body tag'." apparently

Hello there @highadmiralwiese
I just tried out your code and it works perfect for me.
Have you tried maybe reload the page or even reset code?

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem and while I have tried reloading the web page and resetting the code I stiil get the same result: "Try Again">

yeah, i've refreshed the page, reset and retyped the code, and i still get the same error message, MOD! HALP,

Try maybe reseting your browser zoom?
or just try another browser

Safari's the only browser i have...and before you ask, i've tried Chrome, more trouble than it's worth, and my browser zoom....i just reset it, and got the same error, ugh what's going on here?

so, just in case this will be useful, here's my html code

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Result</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<!--Add your HTML below!-->
	    <h3 class="fancy">
	        <p class="fancy">No matter how many liters of alcohol were consumed in this world, the player's real body would never ingest a single drop. The player could still get a little light in the head though when the wine-flavored liquid was downed in one shot, like it was more sour than sweet.
</p>
<p id="serious">This day was October 4th, 2024. It had been one year and eleven months since the start of the Death Game «Sword Art Online», so the "how many years" line from Silica was a slight exaggeration, but it really did feel like many years had passed. She was completely used to life in the steel floating castle with its day-to-day adventures―even mastering various MMORPG terminologies―but her level still fell short of Kirito's and the clearers'.
</p>
<p>So opportunities for Silica to see Kirito were typically scarce. The reason they were meeting in the NPC restaurant on the first floor of the inn «Weathercock Pavilion» in the town square of Mieche on Floor 35 was because she had summoned him under the pretext of treating him to a celebration for clearing Floor 73.
</p>
	    </h3>
	</body>
</html>

yes, my paragraphs are from the SAO short story, "The Fourteenth Autumn" deal with it

Try following this instructions

so, i tried those instructions,
first i tried adding that space between

size: 26px

that didn't work, so i removed the space between

body

and

:nth-child

that didn't work either, so i moved on to swapping the location of the colon, like so

body: nth-child() {

and still, no dice
this is getting really frustrating, this is the first time a problem i've had hasn't just been due to my own stupidity, and it's extremely annoying, could a moderator/admin please help?

As you can see here, for me it works that way:

Try doing something else like removing the space here

body:nth-child()

then hit save and submit code, and then add the space again like this:

body: nth-child()

still nothing....O_o still the sane old error,
this makes no sense, why the heck does it work for you, but not me? ugh

Hi,

Please paste in your HTML and CSS code and I will help you :slight_smile:

here's the html,

<html>
	<head>
		<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css"/>
		<title>Result</title>
	</head>
	<body>
		<!--Add your HTML below!-->
	    <h3 class="fancy">
	        <p class="fancy">Run</p>

<p id="serious">Think</p>

<p>Shoot. Live</p>
	    </h3>
	</body>
</html>

and here's the CSS that's giving me so much trouble

/*Add your CSS below!*/
.fancy {
    font-family:cursive;
    color:violet;
}
#serious {
    font-family:Courier;
    color:#8c8c8c;
}

body :nth-child(4) {
    size: 26px;
}

You have two mistakes:

1. You have size its supposed to be font-size :arrow_right: in CSS
  2. You nested(have) all your paragraphs inside your h3 heading tag :arrow_right: in HTML

-_- so in the end, it was caused by my own lack of attention to detail? great, xD at least it aint a bug, thanks though,

and yes, it is working, lol

Mistakes happen and we learn from them and become more observant :slight_smile:

Happy coding & learning !