Oops, try again. Did you include a print statement for each of your four variables?

Note that the error message refers to four variables. I am puzzled here as the "Repeat for more input" example only requests three variables (last_name, city, and state). I added a variable called "bogus" and it worked

Please copy paste your code here. Also, format the code when you post it here, by selecting the whole code, and pressing Ctrl+Shift+C. Thanks! :smile:

Thinking about it for another minute, the fourth input they were looking for was probably First_name, and they accidentally left it out of the instructions.

Could you please share the code you originally used for the exercise. The exercise may have a bug which we might be able to fix. Thanks for your help!

print "What is your last name? "
last_name = gets.chomp
print "What is your city?"
city = gets.chomp
print "What is your state?"
state = gets.chomp
print last_name
print city
print state

This error came to me as well. The instruction clearly says that 3 variable but when I run it, it is asking for 4 variables which is not available in the instruction.

I tried to place another variable which is

first_name

and set it to

gets.chomp

and finally gets the correct answer. They may have mistype the instructions.

@jestoy, from what I understand, on this exercise, you are asked to input the first_name, and then when you press Save & Submit Code then on the next exercise, you have to input three more variables. So, that's the reason why the exercise is expecting four variables.

I hope the issue is clarified.

This is precisely what happened (i think). However, it did puzzle me and i spent quite a bit before googling it. :expressionless:
I do not have an option to report it as well.. so unless it is fixed.. it is going to be a bump on the road.

thank you to all those who clarified this aspect.

A post was split to a new topic: Would someone please help me understand where I've gone wrong here?