Onedrive filepaths prevent links from rendering in text editor

I have never posted here so forgive me if i am in the wrong place, i am very much new to all of this. it seems as though the minute onedrive syncs a folder to the cloud i can no longer link the relative filepath of a stylesheet to an index.html document in the same folder. The only way it seems to work is if i stop onedrive sync prior to beginning the project, and leave it off for the duration. This is not so much a question of syntax, as it is me looking for another solution to deal with the filepath issue. Can anyone tell me why it does this or have a potential solution that doesn’t involve disabling the backup?

I think you can change the file path via File Explorer. Try this.

Hi, welcome to the community.

I’m guessing that you’re using Windows 10 and have opted to have OneDrive automatically sync your user folders (Desktop, Documents, Pictures, etc) to the cloud for backup / portability purposes?

If so, rather than wrestle with the sync, you’ll probably find it easier to create a new working directory somewhere else on the drive and work from there. A good example would be creating a directory at X:\My Work, where X is the drive letter (C unless you’ve changed it or have multiple partitions/drives).

1 Like