One selector to rule them all

https://www.codecademy.com/courses/web-beginner-en-WF0CF/0/3?curriculum_id=50579fb998b470000202dc8b

I keep getting:
Oops, try again. Make sure that you use the universal selector * to give a border 1px wide.

I have tried page sizes in both Firefox and chrome for Ubuntu and windows 10, i have also tried changing border pixel width from 0px to 11 and everything in between. I have also written it out longhand, seperating the properties.
My OCD really wants me to pass this course before moving on. Any help would be appreciated.

* {
    border: 1px dashed #3a5fcd;
}

make sure your browser zoom is set to 100% (ctrl + 0 or cmd + 0 for mac)

Yes. I tried it at every zoom been 67% and 150% including 100%.

The only thing I can say is that read the lesson properly and make sure you understand it. Sorry I'm not on your level yet.

Many Wishes Katie

did you try another browser?

It's a bug with the codecademy webpage. I have come across a few of them now but I have found workarounds for the others. I'm just wondering if anybody else has has this issue and found a workaround?

I've just experienced the same issue. changing zoom, browser doesn't work. I was hoping to find solution here :slight_smile:

Could you please paste in your FULL HTML & CSS,

Maybe there's something missing :slight_smile:

Result

Boxes within boxes!

Paragraph One

Paragraph Two

Paragraph Three

• {
    border: 1px dashed #3A5FCD;

}

Hey guys I have been having the same problem and it was driving me up the wall, I use Chrome but opened up internet explorer and it was correct without changing anything as it recognised what I had put (I had skipped through but then they kept asking for a border)

So after trying every possible thing I could think of: resetting code, multiple zoom
levels, 4 different browsers in 3 different operating systems, different notation, I finally
got it to work with Microsoft Edge. Thanks benfuel.
I feel like I let my computer down by launching it but it worked for me.
I dislike Edge. That is all.
Solved.