About this event
Calling all students, career switchers, or seasoned professionals looking to land that next promotion! Don’t miss this upcoming opportunity! Codecademy teamed up with Louis Melendez of Have Better Conversations to bring you a complimentary workshop to master your elevator pitch.
Introducing and talking about yourself can make many people queasy. We only get one chance to make a first impression - this session will help ensure you’re putting your best foot forward. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, job-seeker, or professional looking to step up your game, you can learn some best practices and get a chance to practice delivering your elevator pitch.
If you’re wondering how to write an elevator pitch or how long an elevator pitch should be, you’ll want to join us for this event. In the first 40~ minutes of each session, Louis will walk through the best practices and tips he’s picked up over his years of experience as a sales leader and comedy performer. The second 45 minutes is focused on practicing those skills and implementing them in our own words. Participants are encouraged to ask questions throughout the entire session. Each session occurs on two screens, with participants answering questions and prompts from their cell phones.
OUR GUEST SPEAKER & FACILITATOR
Communication coach Louis Melendez helps people find the words to get what they want — whether it’s a new job, promotion, closed deal, or improved relationship. After selling millions in digital ads at Yelp and raising millions more for charity at Charitybuzz, Louis founded Have Better Conversations to successfully teach others how to negotiate and communicate in their professional and personal lives. Also an improv and live comedy performer, Louis uses a light-hearted and candid approach to sharing tools and strategies for developing confident, human, and outcome-driven communication skills and habits.
HOW TO ATTEND
- Click on the RSVP button below.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email.
- Remember to check that box to join our chapter!
- Your RSVP will guarantee your entry, whether you have a free or paid subscription. However, failure to attend the event will decrease your chances of attending events with limited availability.
- Check your inbox for updates.
At Codecademy, we are committed to empowering all people, regardless of where they are in their coding journeys, to continue to learn, grow, and impact the world around them. By participating in our event, you agree to the following:
- Be Respectful: Harassment, bullying, or threatening will not be tolerated. We welcome learners of all backgrounds here, and we ask that you respect each others’ viewpoints and assume positive intent.
- Be Authentic: While you are not required to provide your name and are always welcome to go by a username, please refrain from misrepresenting yourself in the community in a misleading way.
- Adhere to the Law: Please only share your code (if relevant to the event) or content unless you are crediting the original author or source. Do not share code that infringes on others’ intellectual property. Do not share harmful code or anything that violates local, state, federal, or international laws.
Questions? Comments? Email [email protected]. And if you can’t attend this event and would like to attend more in the future, join our chapter.