Off-topic discussion that doesn't belong where it started

Refresh your page. If that doesn’t work, try changing browsers.

Not everything is a browser issue :confused:

Well why you just ask if they added a * I would think that’s an obvious answer.

Because in order to come up with a solution that isn’t just a shot in the dark, one will need to consider what is going on, compare that to what’s expected and start ruling things out.

It’s also a matter of asking a proper question. Stating that there is an error isn’t a question at all, and doesn’t say why the person is unable to move on.

A person that doesn’t know how to approach a problem will have to start by learning to take observations and ask questions.

1 Like

I apologize and thank you. I will keep that in mind next time.

@webmaster79334

Sorry if I wasn’t any help.

It doesn’t matter which way he puts it either way is correct with a / or * its going to be correct so its probably just the browser. So just refresh the page.

It’s a discussion, and I’ll challenge what I don’t agree with, there’s nothing to apologize for!
I address what I think is preventing the person from moving on and often that means rewinding to something really basic instead of skipping ahead to the conclusion.

1 Like

His code was right and he had the right stuff but his browser wasn’t letting him pass. @unexpectedtoken was right with his answer he said so I think you challenging it was dumb because @unexpectedtoken was right.

Please enlighten me on how you are able to tell this?
You better be really certain before you start calling people wrong and therefore dumb.

I split these posts off because they aren’t helping solve the problem.
Also unlisted this thread.

Feel free to explain to me where I went wrong and we can talk that out, I am fairly confident that I’m not though which is why I’m taking liberties with moving your posts around.

As for why I believe that refreshing the page does not solve the issue:

Refreshing the page helps if there’s something in memory of the js interpreter that needs to be reset (which can be accomplished by refreshing the page)

• or if there’s some connection issue etc

That’s not the case unless something was done to prevent */ operators from functioning which seems incredibly unlikely.

That the submission test fired of that message means that the interpreter is running just fine, otherwise there would be no message from the submission test.

That particular submission test is fired off when an exception was raised during the student’s code:

if (error)
  return "Try multiplying 2 numbers by typing * between the two numbers."

Which means that they’ve got invalid syntax or some such, their code crashed, their code is wrong (@legendsoftomorrow you claim that their code is correct though, with no indication for this whatsoever as far as I can tell, correct me if I’m wrong)

So, the discussion was getting uncivilized and I might as well just move the suggestions I knew to be wrong while at it to avoid further confusion to somebody that is unsure of what is going on.