Off-Platform Project: Reggie's Linear Regression

Hi There im totally new to Python and doing the Python 3 course.

I’ve reached the Off-Platform Project: Reggie’s Linear Regression part of the course, but I’m having real issues getting it running. I have downloaded miniconda, Jupyter notebook etc. Every time i try to run the zipped reggies linear regression file it opens in windows power shell and the shut down and nothing happens. Using windows 10 64 bit… any ideas what im doing wrong.

What file are you trying to run and how are you going about doing it? The original download is probably provided as a .zip that would need to be unpacked first. Once unpacked it might be easier to start a jupyter notebook or lab session first and only then run the relevant .ipynb file (it should have a file explorer interface available and you can simply navigate to and open the relevant file from within a jupyter window).

Alternatively you could use a shell program and provide a path to the file when running the notebook, e.g. jupyter notebook Reggie_Linear_Regression_Skeleton.ipynb (you want the ‘skeleton’ one rather than the ‘solution’ :slightly_smiling_face:).

If that’s no good then a bit more information about how you’re running things would help, e.g. can you open the jupyter notebook program at all?

Hi there.

So i’ve just uninstalled and re downloaded the files and it seems to be working through Jupyter notebook strangely.

May have been i was trying to open solution not skeleton. What is the difference out of interest.

Thanks for the help,

Glad to hear it’s working for you :+1:. The solution is just the provided solution which is probably the wrong place to start haha :sweat_smile:, that’s all I meant.