Off-Platform Project: Reggie's Linear Regression

I am about the do the first off - platform project. I am a newbie to python and i have never used command line or terminal emulators.(I use a windows 10 laptop). https://www.codecademy.com/courses/learn-python-3/informationals/python3-reggies-linear-regression

My question is does anyone know a good terminal emulator out there I can use? Or can I work around it without installing one?

Thanks.

Edwin Agili

If you want to have the best chances of getting a useful answer quickly, make sure you follow our guidelines about how to ask a good question. That way you’ll be helping everyone – helping people to answer your question and helping others who are stuck to find the question and answer! :slight_smile:

Hello @array3578090810!! Welcome to the forums!!

For basic Python coding if you already have Windows 10, you don’t need anything except Python, a text editor, and your command prompt. :grinning:

1 Like

If you don’t already have a text editor, I recommend Visual Studio or Sublime.

http://www.sublimetext.com/3

Though you can use Pythons IDLE or even a notepad if you absolutely needed to.

1 Like

Thank you so much. However, the project requires us use jupyter notebook and the assignment is saved in a file i need to extract from using command line.
Its all confusing.

Thanks so much, this has been equally helpful.

You need to have Jupyter notebooks installed on your computer. The easiest way is to download Anaconda, which will come with both Python and Jupyter ready to go. If you install Miniconda instead (which I believe is what Codecademy recommends due to it being a lot smaller), then just open up your Command Prompt (Cmd) and type conda install jupyter and it should install it for you.

All the information you need to get started is in the “Installing Python” and “Jupyter Notebooks” links in the article you linked to in your original post. For working with Jupyter notebooks, you don’t need an IDE or text editor, although you will probably want to download and set one up later.

1 Like

Thank you, Now its alot clearer