Not understanding what to do with "And" (6/15)

Edit: I figured it out. I seem to recall having this same problem the last time I took a crack at Codecademy’s Python course. I think I even got to the point where I was so baffled and frustrated made a post on the forum about it, then figured it out and discovered I couldn’t delete the forum post.

I don’t even know where to begin with “And” (exercise six of fifteen). I’m supposed to set bool_one equal to “false and false” … does that mean I make it look like

bool_one = 1 == 2 and 2 == 3

?

I just don’t even know where to begin with this one. I feel like Python suddenly went from so easy I felt like I wasn’t learning anything to suddenly being so bewildering I don’t even know how to start guessing at the answers.

bool_two, _three, _four, and _five, I am equally lost.

all conditions evaluate to True or False in the end, there is no other outcome.

int his exercise, you are given a condition (for example False and False) which you should manually evaluate.

so False and False evaluates to False, so you should set the variable (bool_one) to False

same for all the other variables, manually evaluate the conditions, and set the variables to the right Boolean value

first we will evaluate the condition to true or false in 1==2 AND 2==3
so 1==2 is equal to False
and 2==3 is equal to False
so we substitute the answer in question
so (False and False)
therefore the answer is False

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.